Ken Griffith - Introduction

The Forum is provided for both SIS members and non-members to discuss topics relevant to the Society's work. It also provides the opportunity for non-members to ask questions about the Society’s work and/or published material.
All posts are moderated before inclusion. No attachments are permitted.

Ken Griffith - Introduction

Postby ken » Tue 10 Mar 2020 2:26 pm

Greetings!

As a newcomer to this august group, I thought it would be appropriate to introduce myself.

I grew up in Virginia, and graduated from Virginia Tech with a course of study in engineering and biology. I also served as an infantry officer in the US Army for a spell, though somehow managed to fall in the crack between the foreign wars, for which I am grateful. I have no academic credentials in the area of history, so all of my work in this field is as an "amateur."

I've been a fan of Velikovsky's work since I first encountered his writings when I was in high school in the 1980's. I am also a biblicist, and a fan of Greg Bahnsen's presuppositional apologetics, but I am fairly open minded and willing to consider all arguments.

In the field of history, if I have any specialty it would be Eheumerism. Velikovsky's work on comparative mythology was most interesting to me, along with that of Robert Bowie Johnson.

My primary interest in joining this group is to get constructive critical feedback on the manuscript of my book, A Chronological Framework for Ancient History, which I will introduce in a separate post.

I am grateful for the work SIS has done in preserving and extending the research of Immanuel Velikovsky, and I feel honored to be able to participate here. Thank you for having me.
Ken Griffith
Co-Author of "A Chronological Framework for Ancient History" (CFAH)
ken

Re: Ken Griffith - Introduction

Postby John » Sat 04 Apr 2020 12:38 am

Hi Ken and welcome. I am an avid supporter of Velikovsky's work since I read W-I-C in 1951. While I believe the Bible may be a true record of certain events and that religion has played a hugely important part in the development of civilisation, I am a dyed-in-the-wool atheist. Perhaps its just a typo but what does Eheumerism mean?

You can reply direct to my email > johnkalber@gmail.com <
John

Return to SIS Discussion Forum